The Rural Educator is the official journal of the NREA. We publish this peer-reviewed journal four times per year.
- Provide a greater understanding of the strengths and needs of rural education.
- Provide rural educators with resources that support their work.
Types of Articles
- Research Articles—Reports of empirical research that address problems of practice in rural education
- Promising Practice Articles—In-depth descriptions of educational practices that have shown promise to support teaching and learning in rural education
- Reviews of Research
- Synthesize and summarize existing research related to the NREA Research Agenda
- Summarize, synthesize, and identify gaps in the research as they relate to rural education contexts
- Policy Briefs—updates on national and state policy of importance to rural educators written by the editors and/or invited guest columnists
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more…